Top 10 List
Get Your Free Moving Quote
"*" indicates required fields
- Plan Your Move – A successful and efficient move will require proper planning, time and effort. Make sure you research local moving companies and determine a move date as soon as possible. Summer is the busiest move time, so be sure to book your move at least two to three weeks in advanced.
- Get Educated – Recognize the complexity of your move and how much time and effort it will require. Not being prepared, and underestimating the size of your move can result in higher costs and unexpected charges. Be sure to ask detailed questions about your move and let our staff know of any large items like safes and pianos when you call.
- Purchase Packing Material – Make sure you get packing materials. Items purchased at the big box stores can be flimsy and damage during the move. We purchase high quality, professional grade materials in high volume. This allows us to pass on the savings to our customers. Visit our packing supplies page for more information.
- Get Started – Make sure to start packing as soon as possible. Any items you might consider throwing out, we recommend doing so before the move. There is no sense paying to move items you may trash after the move. We are professionals at packing, so give us a call to handle all your packing needs.
- Compare Moving Companies – We believe an educated customer is a happy customer. Make sure you are asking moving companies the right questions. Are they licensed with the PUC? Do they pay their employees legally? Do they pay workers’ compensation and carry liability coverage? How long have they been in business? Do they hire contract labor or temporary labor? Be careful with the low-cost leader or someone you found on Craigslist. Be sure to use a reputable moving company that has a solid local reputation like Hansen’s Moving and Storage.
- Hire Locally – You always want to make sure you are hiring a local company for a local move. Check their local history and make sure they are licensed. You want to hire a mover locally that will be there in the event of an issue during the move. Take time to visit their facility and make sure they are an established company. When moving out of town, hire a company that is affiliated with a national van line. Hansen’s Moving has been affiliated with Atlas Van Lines for nearly 30 years.
- Valuation Coverages – Be sure to take time to understand the valuation coverages at our Valuation Coverages/Options section of our resources guide. Be sure the mover you chose is properly licensed and carries the coverages required by the PUC.
- Complete the Move Checklist – Make sure you visit our Move Checklist form in the resources guide. Be sure to do everything from preparing for the move, to changing your address at the post office. There are a lot of details involved in a move, and we want to make sure to help you along the way.
- Communicate – Proper communication is the key to a successful move. Hansen’s Moving will contact you prior to the move to confirm the date and time. If you have any changes on your end, make sure to let us know as soon as possible so we can make proper arrangements. We will also follow up with you after the move to make sure you were completely satisfied with your experience.
- Be Organized – The more organized you can be before the move, the faster and more efficient the move will be. Make sure to declutter the home as much as possible, and pack small items in boxes. Having the boxes stacked and ready to go will not only promote a faster move, but it creates a safer environment for the movers and your family.
How it Works
Contact Our Team
Reach out to our highly-proficient movers in Bakersfield by phone, email or using the contact form on our website.
Get a Free Estimate
Let us start planning and organizing your upcoming relocation by offering you a no-commitment moving quote.
Appreciate the Ease of your Move
Enjoy your moving day while Hansen’s Moving and Storage tackles all the challenges of your residential/commercial move.