Moving out during a home renovation: what could go wrong?
Get Your Free Moving Quote
"*" indicates required fields
You have finally found the time and money to make your house a dream home. You invited the contractor to schedule the works and now you need to make another decision. When you are planning to renovate a house, there is a great chance that you are in a dilemma – whether to move out or stay in the house during renovation. It is not easy to make that decision. Moving out during a home renovation has its advantages but also disadvantages. It is up to you to think carefully before you call the movers Maricopa CA to move out. You have to think about where you will live, and how it will affect your family and the renovation of your house. Besides that, you need to think about what could go wrong during the renovation to prevent it. So, here are a few things you need to know.
Depending on what work you do, you will need to move
If you want to save yourself and your family from noise, dust, and harmful substances, you should seriously consider moving out during a home renovation. Because renovation is a big and dirty job. Of course, you are not obliged to move out during a home renovation. But even if you do some small renovations of the house, it will be easier for you if you move out. And if these are big projects such as changing the kitchen or even an entire floor, there should be no dilemma. If you want to avoid all the dirt and chaos that renovation, the only solution is to move out. If you have made a decision, you are probably interested in what can go wrong. Contact Hansen’s Moving and Storage California to find the best options for your relocation during the renovation.
Here’s what you need to think about when you move out during a home renovation to prevent possible problems or delays
- The distance of your temporary accommodation – If you have children it is important to pay attention to how far your temporary accommodation is due to school. It is also a good idea to choose to live in a place that is close to your home so that you can visit the works but be sent to you.
- Renovation and moving budget – You need a certain amount of money to renovate, but also to move out of the house. You must include in your renovation budget the price of the temporary accommodation that you will be staying during the renovation. One of the things that can go wrong is money disappears if you haven’t thought ahead and evaluated the moving and renovation costs.
- Housing needs – This is also something I need to think about when planning to move out of the house. Think about the needs of your family. How large space do you need, do you need a pet-friendly environment, etc.
Moving out during a home renovation – where to live?
When you renovate your home and decide to move out because of that, you have to find a place to live while the works are going on. At first glance, it probably seems very simple, but many things can go wrong. Here are the three best options to choose from:
- Rent a temporary apartment – If you are moving with children for renovations or have a large family, the safest option is to rent a new apartment to live in. You can contact the moving companies Kern County to help you find the ideal house or apartment for temporary living during the renovation.
- Stay with family and friends – The second option that people may most often opt for is living with family or friends. After you move out due to renovations you can stay with close family members. This is a cheaper option if you are not able to rent your private accommodation.
- Go on holiday – If you have a holiday and the financial means to use it, it is best to travel somewhere to relax during your home renovation. Especially if there is a short renovation, use your vacation to go somewhere to relax. While you relaxing, your masters are engaged in renovating your home. When you return home, the renovation should be near the end or already finished. And you will be relaxed and ready to move back into your house.
A potential problem during a house renovation is where to leave your stuff
One more potential problem when renovating a house is where to leave things during the renovation. You will probably need to remove a lot of things from your house. It is necessary to make space for materials and craftsmen. You do not want them to get dirty or damaged accidentally while the masters are working. Sometimes the best option is to put everything in one room in the house. And protect it additionally so that dust does not enter. This is a great option if some minor alterations are being made to the house. Or if you have a separate basement or attic where you can do so.
Another very popular option is to rent a portable container that will be placed in your yard. Then you can pack your things in it, and they will be at hand if you need them.
And third, perhaps the best option, to remove those things from your home, is to rent a storage unit. If you choose a good storage Bakersfield, you will get excellent conditions and it does not have to be expensive.
Moving out due to renovation can only bring good things
Remodeling a home can be a stressful but exciting experience. It is up to you to decide how best to do it. Temporary moving out during a home renovation means better living conditions, but also for the work of a master. Once you move out, your craftsmen will be able to complete the renovation of your home faster and more efficiently. During this time, you will be able to enjoy a change of residence while waiting to return to your home.
How it Works
Contact Our Team
Reach out to our highly-proficient movers in Bakersfield by phone, email or using the contact form on our website.
Get a Free Estimate
Let us start planning and organizing your upcoming relocation by offering you a no-commitment moving quote.
Appreciate the Ease of your Move
Enjoy your moving day while Hansen’s Moving and Storage tackles all the challenges of your residential/commercial move.